- Earlier versions of SMPLink™ are no longer PCI compliant. If Merchants don’t upgrade, they can no longer truthfully attest to their compliance on their annual PCI Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). Compliance is mandated by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Merchant Link will stop supporting SSL version 3 and older versions of SMPLink™ will no longer work. As of now, there is no date set yet.
- Merchants may be fined by their processor for non-compliance.
- Merchants are held responsible for breaches. In addition to fines, they will be responsible for all of the fraud caused by the breach. It usually means bankruptcy.
- Point of sale dealers are sometimes held responsible for systems that are out of compliance.
- If it is an Arbys site, they will need to upgrade to SMPLink™ v3 by April 4 in order to support Vantiv gift cards. This is mandated by Arbys corporate.
- If the site is using Valutec gift cards, they need to upgrade to SMPLink™ v3 by this fall, otherwise they will be shut off.
- Upgrading is much cheaper than any other alternative.
To date, only 64 sites have been upgraded, there are still many hundreds of sites to go.
Merchants using older versions SMPLink™ need to move to SMPLink™ version 3.0 as soon as possible to avoid being the target of hacking. Contact your dealer to upgrade today.
SMPLink™ has been installed in 910 sites and has processed over 200 million transactions since 2010.
SMPLink™ is the BEST credit interface for the Panasonic System Manager Pro (SMP) pos system.
Bunt Software is a PCI-QIR (Qualified Integrators & Resellers) certified by the PCI SCC.